Don’t neglect ceiling water damage repair. Contact Chase Construction to get the roof repaired. It can lead to serious structural damage which will compromise the safety and value of your residential or commercial building. Water damage restoration services can cost hundreds (even thousands) of dollars. Attend to small issues before they balloon into huge remediation expenses.
Ceiling water damage is not uncommon. Many property owners have experienced it. How much repair is required depends on the cause and extent of the problem. It is important to get to the source and fix it before you undertake any type of ceiling water damage repair work. Having to redo it on account of another leak means double the expense and stress.
Causes of ceiling water damage
- Roof leak
- Clogged or broken eavestrough
- Damaged flashings
- Pipe burst or leak
- Overflow from a shower, bathtub, sink or toilet
- Cracked or broken waste pipe
- Improper sealing of the toilet wax ring or tub’s overflow drain
- Leaking valves
Since early detection and timely ceiling water damage repair can help prevent a major disaster, it is important to recognize if you have a problem. Here are some typical signs that can help make it easier to determine when to call for help.
Signs of ceiling water damage
- Watermarks or yellowish/brownish, rust-like stains on the ceiling are usually an early indication
- Bubbles in the ceiling
- Peeling of paint
- Mold along the corners, ceiling and walls
- Swollen walls or door casings
- Walls that appear to sweat (have moisture or water droplets trickling down)
Take ceiling water damage repair seriously. The longer you wait the greater the likelihood of the problem intensifying. This often translates into a frightfully expensive remediation process. In some cases the water may travel to other places on account of uneven ceilings which means a larger area of damage and repair. Consider the risks involved in neglect or postponing the repair process.
The risks of ceiling water damage
- Structural damage
- Risk to personal safety
- Development of mold and mildew
- Allergies and respiratory ailments caused by the presence of mold
Ceiling damage repair is not a weekend or DIY job. Remember the ceiling contributes to the structural integrity of your home or commercial space. It affects more than one area in your building. Typically the ceiling in one room doubles up as the flooring for the space above it. It also provides structural support to the walls around it as well as the windows and doors.
It’s best to get a professional ceiling water damage repair service to handle the job. That way you can have peace of mind knowing it will be done correctly,thereby reducing the risk of future issues and remediation expenses.
The advantages of hiring a credentialed company for ceiling water damage repair:
- 1. Industry certifications offer a seal of approval: A company that has invested in training and licensing their staff demonstrate commitment to work quality. You are less likely to have problems with their service.
- Proper equipment and proven water damage repair techniques: Having the right equipment and proven techniques boosts efficiency and effectiveness. It can mean that your property will be restored to pre-loss condition as soon as possible without compromising work quality.
- 3. Insurance approval: Often you might find that your ceiling water damage repair expense may be reimbursed by your insurance company. This is provided the service you hire is insurance-approved. It is always beneficial to hire an insurance-approved company because they can help expedite your claims;plus the recognition offers some assurance of their workmanship quality.
- 4. Satisfaction guarantee: This distinguishes a reliable and quality service from the rest. Only a company with a clean track record and confidence in their work will be willing to standby the service they provide. A customer satisfaction guarantee provides some assurance that they care.
It is a good idea to give your ceiling the once-over look regularly to make sure nothing is amiss. Clogs and leakages can happen at any time. They are sometimes internal and not easily visible till those watermarks appear. This becomes even more important when you have any kind of leakage or overflow in a room upstairs. If you’re not sure,ask for a ceiling inspection to confirm whether or not it needs water damage repair. Remember the faster you get to it the less the damage and repair expenses.
About the Author
This blog post is authored by the content management team at CPR Certified Priority Restoration. More than 35 yearsof industry experience and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction combine with the latest equipment to quickly restore your property to pre-loss condition. We also have a 24/7 emergency response service where a certified technician can reach you in 30 minutes or less. Contact usfor skilled ceiling water damage repairin Broward and Palm Beach Counties.