If you’re thinking of investing in some new furniture, chances are oak has crossed your mind. And with good reason – oak furniture never goes out of style and has the power to really add something to your home, so we thought we’d take a look at just what makes oak the ideal material for furniture. Here are just a few reasons we’ve come up with:
- Durability. When you choose solid oak you know you’re getting quality, and that means you’ll have furniture that will stand the test of time. Oak is a highly durable wood and can withstand the pressures of modern life with ease, being a lot sturdier than a lot of other hardwood varieties, making this style of furniture an investment as much as anything else – you’ll find it’ll be with you for years, even decades, and beyond.
- Style. Oak is a truly beautiful wood, with its stunning grain having the power to really enhance your home. It oozes elegance and sophistication and demands to be noticed – the sense of style and sheer quality is unmistakable, and if you choose oak throughout your home you’ll have a totally coordinated result that everyone will be envious of. There are various different finishes you can choose from too, and as long as you take care of your furniture (dust, polish and re-oil to maintain its durability and lustre) and you’ll have that same sense of style for years to come.
- Versatility. Then there’s the fact that this material is so versatile. Solid oak furniture can look just as good in a contemporary setting as it can in homes that have the more traditional, rustic look, making it ideal for any taste necessary. It’s versatile in terms of its uses too – oak works just as well as a kitchen table as it does for a bed frame, so you can bring the wood into any room you see fit for the perfect result.
- Cost. Solid oak furniture is usually more expensive than its veneered counterparts for the simple reason you’re investing in top-quality pieces, but that doesn’t mean you can’t find a bargain and nor does it mean you’re not getting great value. If anything, investing in solid oak can be much better value for money than cheaper alternatives – you won’t need to replace it anywhere near as often making it a sound financial investment, and of course, you can’t put a price on style.
- Ethical. Oak can be a very environmentally-friendly material, particularly if you choose suppliers that get their wood from sustainable sources, thereby ensuring you can boost your green credentials whilst getting stunning pieces of furniture.
As you can see, oak furniture can be the perfect choice. It’s highly resistant to wear and tear, can be suitable for any room in the house and it looks beautiful – quite simply, it has the power to transform your home, so make sure to consider investing in solid oak furniture and you could soon see what makes it so special for yourself.